DMarking another successful year for the E.W. Scripps School of Journalism students and OUSPJ, OU students took home nine Mark of Excellence awards at the Region 4 conference in Cincinnati.
Notable victories came for Emma Ockerman for her breaking news piece, “Guilty,” and for Olivia Hitchcock in the General News category with “Fostering Hope.” “The Post” won for Best All-Around Daily Student Newspaper. Those entries will compete on a national level against other regional winners for a prize at the national Excellence in Journalism convention in September.
- Tony Heim (online opinion columns — sports columns)
- Julia Fair (general news — “Isolated without OUSAP“)
- Erin Davoran (general column writing, large — “Senior Citizen”)
- Cheyenne Buckingham (non-fiction magazine article — “Deprived by Distance“)
- The New Political staff (best use of multimedia — “Race to the White House“)
- Southeast Ohio magazine (best student magazine — Summer/Fall 2015)